Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy status(Like Viewsys)
Manu
2009-12-23 17:17:23 UTC
Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
Doug Miller
2009-12-23 17:38:33 UTC
Post by Manu
Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
Check ITUGLIB for a program called CPUBUSY. It just displays an ASCII-art
bar chart, something like this:
....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4 (etc) %
CPU 00 ****************
CPU 01 **********************
but it wouldn't be too hard to modify it to run in a loop, or run the program
exactly as-is inside a TACL macro.

CPU busy rates alone are a very crude and not particularly valuable measure of
system performance. If you tell us what specific problem you're trying to
solve, you'll probably get much better advice.
Keith Dick
2009-12-23 20:47:15 UTC
Post by Manu
Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
Besides the CPUBUSY program that Doug mentions, there was a discussion about computing CPU busy in this newsgroup a couple of years ago (February-March 2007). This link should display the posts of that thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.tandem/browse_thread/thread/9807286fdad49522/cfa1e659de04f68b

That thread contains one complete program that uses many items returned by PROCESSOR_GETINFOLIST_ to judge how busy a CPU is.

It also has a few posts that discuss a different way to compute CPU busy, using item 18 and 20 from PROCESSOR_GETINFORLIST_.
Rob Lesan
2009-12-24 14:37:22 UTC
Post by Manu
Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
If you just want to monitor CPU busy, try looking for SysBusy from KLD
Inc. If you cannot find it, reply here, I have it on all my systems.
Jay Madore
2009-12-24 14:38:49 UTC
Post by Manu
Can some one help me to setup a program/macro to get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.

http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm

I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Manu
2009-12-28 15:10:42 UTC
Post by Jay Madore
Can some one help me to setup a program/macroto get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.
http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm
I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Thanks to all of you for your support,but unfortunately i got the
following error..

$TOM.MANTAL 3> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Bad file or Bad target
*ERROR* File: \UKNS1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 4>
Rob Lesan
2009-12-28 16:00:33 UTC
Post by Manu
Post by Jay Madore
Can some one help me to setup a program/macroto get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.
http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm
I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Thanks to all of you for your support,but unfortunately i got the
following error..
$TOM.MANTAL 3> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Bad file or Bad target
*ERROR* File: \UKNS1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 4>
You pulled down the wrong version for your host.

What is your system type?
Manu
2009-12-28 18:55:21 UTC
Post by Rob Lesan
Post by Manu
Post by Jay Madore
Can some one help me to setup a program/macroto get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.
http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm
I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Thanks to all of you for your support,but unfortunately i got the
following error..
$TOM.MANTAL 3> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Bad file or Bad target
*ERROR* File: \UKNS1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 4>
You pulled down the wrong version for your host.
What is your system type?- Hide quoted text -
Its a H series server
LorenH
2009-12-29 11:08:58 UTC
Post by Rob Lesan
Post by Manu
Post by Jay Madore
Can some one help me to setup a program/macroto get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.
http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm
I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Thanks to all of you for your support,but unfortunately i got the
following error..
$TOM.MANTAL 3> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Bad file or Bad target
*ERROR* File: \UKNS1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 4>
You pulled down the wrong version for your host.
What is your system type?- Hide quoted text -
Its a H series server- Hide quoted text -
I might suggest you revisit the initial problem - not having a
performance monitoring tool like MOMI. The lite version of MOMI is
free at http://www.blackwood-systems.com/website/. We have used it
for years and find that even the lite version is very helpful. And
did I mention that it was FREE!
Cheers
Rob Lesan
You need an 800 (or 100) code binary, you have a 700.
Manu
2009-12-29 17:33:32 UTC
Post by Rob Lesan
Post by Manu
Post by Rob Lesan
Post by Manu
Post by Jay Madore
Can some one help me to setup a program/macroto get the live CPU busy
status(Like Viewsys) as we dont have viewsys or a third party tool
like MOMI to watch the CPU busy percentage..
For another free utility, try SYSBUSY by KLD.
http://www.kldinc.com/utility.htm
I've been using it for years - it is a great little utility.
Thanks to all of you for your support,but unfortunately i got the
following error..
$TOM.MANTAL 3> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Bad file or Bad target
*ERROR* File: \UKNS1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 4>
You pulled down the wrong version for your host.
What is your system type?- Hide quoted text -
Its a H series server
You need an 800 (or 100) code binary, you have a 700.
$TOM.MANTAL 56> fup alter SYSBUSY,code 800
$TOM.MANTAL 57> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Subcode 51
*ERROR* File: \UKDR1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 58> fup alter SYSBUSY,code 100
$TOM.MANTAL 59> run SYSBUSY
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* No main procedure
*ERROR* File: \UKDR1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 60>
Doug Miller
2009-12-29 18:11:34 UTC
Post by Manu
Post by Rob Lesan
You need an 800 (or 100) code binary, you have a 700.
$TOM.MANTAL 56> fup alter SYSBUSY,code 800
$TOM.MANTAL 57> run sysbusy
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* Subcode 51
*ERROR* File: \UKDR1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 58> fup alter SYSBUSY,code 100
$TOM.MANTAL 59> run SYSBUSY
*ERROR* Illegal program file format
*ERROR* No main procedure
*ERROR* File: \UKDR1.$TOM.MANTAL.SYSBUSY
$TOM.MANTAL 60>
You misunderstand completely. Code 100, 700, and 800 object files have
entirely different formats. You cannot change the file's format simply by
altering its FILECODE. The file you have is the wrong format. IT WILL NOT
WORK, no matter what you do. You need to get a file with the right format.
Jay Madore
2010-01-01 19:43:53 UTC
Post by Doug Miller
Post by Rob Lesan
You need an 800 (or 100) code binary, you have a 700.
You misunderstand completely. Code 100, 700, and 800 object files have
entirely different formats. You cannot change the file's format simply by
altering its FILECODE. The file you have is the wrong format. IT WILL NOT
WORK, no matter what you do. You need to get a file with the right format.
Rob & Doug are right.. you clicked on the wrong download link.

This is the one you need.

http://www.kldinc.com/download/sys800.zip
Manu
2010-01-04 14:46:26 UTC
Post by Jay Madore
Post by Doug Miller
Post by Rob Lesan
You need an 800 (or 100) code binary, you have a 700.
You misunderstand completely. Code 100, 700, and 800 object files have
entirely different formats. You cannot change the file's format simply by
altering its FILECODE. The file you have is the wrong format. IT WILL NOT
WORK, no matter what you do. You need to get a file with the right format.
Rob & Doug are right.. you clicked on the wrong download link.
This is the one you need.
http://www.kldinc.com/download/sys800.zip
Thats cool !! Got the right file now and working perfectly ! Thanks all